Friday, September 24, 2010

First Suzi Face Sketches!

Ok, so I will admit that I have been a bad girl. I have started my first class with Suzi Blu and I am skipping all over the place! I started with color theory, checked out the mixed media background video and then was so curious as to the face sketching that I just jumped right in with it. Oops! Can you tell I have a patience problem!

So here are a couple of sketches I did with her petit doll template. I really like how the eyes came out which is so different than what I have been doing. I am really learning alot about facial proportions which is hard for me. Hopefully you can see the shading from my scan. . .


The first one is my favorite. The second face I went tried to freehand more. So far I am really loving this class! Now if I could just stick to the lesson plan!

Shhhhh....don't tell Suzi!

10 comments:

  1. Dear Cathy,
    First, I apologize for not visiting your lovely blog this week. I had a "very" busy week at work. Tomorrow I'm travelling for business. Anyway, I promise to visit more often. That's why I added your site to my blogroll. ;)
    Your fall photos are amazing, especially the one with the trail where you walk with your pug. I, too, love the fall. I'm dreading the arrival of winter just because it's way too long for us up here :(
    BTW, I really like the sketch of your dancer. Keep on drawing! I know the result will be amazing ;)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, you've done so great here! Don't ya love the cute little button noses? I sure do...adorable! Have fun with these classes! I know you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! Isn't it fun playing with facial proportions and how they change the whole look of the woman you are painting? Fun, fun, fun!!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cathy, She is so cute! And I can tell the way your sketch became even more real from the first one to the 2nd one. Forgive me not speaking in sketch terms. I don't draw or paint. I just know what I like. I'm so proud of you!! (Even if you're not a 'draw inside the lines, follow the plan' type of girl!!! ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your faces are lovely!!!

    loving their eyes.

    happy sketching, creating, playing!!

    xoxoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy! Your girlies are adorable! Glad you are having fun with your classes. Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a Japanese touch to these sketches. Intentional? Though the nose, lips, and hair are very similar in detail in both sketches, the expression of the eyes changes the whole character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't these fun?! I love drawing Suzi faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for following my blog and your lovely comment :) I too am looking forward to reading more of your posts... love.love.love your art !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cathy i'm loving your suzi faces! they are fun to learn. the more you sketch the better and faster you will get at it. i need to remember that and carry my sketchbook with me for lunch time!

    hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete