Friday, November 19, 2010

Tears of Love . . . New Sketch

I drew her up the other nite. I knew I wanted to make her an angel and saw hearts involved somehow. I struggled with the hair. At first I wanted her to have an updo but it wasn't working out! I originally had a halo above her head and took that out as it seemed too much to me.

The heart shaped tears were an afterthought. The tears came first and then the words that I scribbled in the top left corner which read "tears of love fell from her eyes." I will most likely collage those onto the background.

I hope to paint her this weekend!

PS . . . I finally ordered the caran d'ache watersoluble crayons last night! So excited to get them! lol

9 comments:

  1. She's great Cathy! I have different water soluble crayons and I've just started using them more lately. I know when I need new, I'm heading towards caran d'ache too! I hear such great things about them!
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderfully inspiring..gorgeous and meaningful and deeply symbolic! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have me thinking about those crayons. I'll have to look into them. Nice work. I look forward to seeing the painted piece. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cathy..she's wonderful! And those tears! Can't wait to see her with the color added. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, I can not wait to see it finished!
    Thanks for the nice comments you leave me on the Blog! :-)

    Ciaoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YAY for getting the crayons, they're so much fun!

    Your angel is such a beauty, I cant wait to see her all done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see her in color! You will love the water color crayons, they're awesome!
    Happy Friday Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy!

    Oh isn't it nice when new painty things arrive in a wee box?! My new crayons and breyer arrived so 'citing!!!

    Love your girlies, can't wait to see how this one turns out

    Have a great 'painty' weekend!

    Ro xx

    ReplyDelete