Monday, March 30, 2015

Beginnings of Her . . .


I can't recall the last time I tried to paint a face.  It was something I enjoyed and then I seemed to just drop it.  Not sure why. Possibly out of frustration.  I become easily impatient with most things in life and my art is no exception.  

Late last night before bed I grabbed a neocolor 2 and quickly sketched out this girl.  I added water with a q-tip and smudged the water around, went back in with a little more crayon.  My plan is to go back in with some white gesso and see what happens.  I kinda like her expression already.  I love that she was not planned, she is just what came out of my hand as I sketched.  

If I can shut down the critiquing gremlins I may get her done.  Something simple, something small, and hopefully something inspiring . . . 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment