Friday, June 26, 2015

Rocky Steps View 2 Ways


I was going through some old photos the other day and found an image I shot back in 1990 during a trip to the Philadelphia Art Museum which of course is home to the Rocky steps.   I am a huge Rocky fan, always have been, so it was very cool to have been on those steps in person.  The image I shot was from the top of the steps looking out toward the city view.  

I wasn't sure how the image would work when I scanned it as it is pretty old.  The age though worked to my advantage.  The above image was processed through a few apps starting with my go to Snapseed to add the drama filter, then through Stackables, and finishing up in Procreate.  

Stackables is my new app addiction!  If you are not familiar with it check it out.  So much you can do with it.  Lots of fun!  

Less involved processing was done for this version which was completed only with Stackables.  I created this edit first and then took it further for the above edit.  



Here is the original image so you can see where this piece began . . . 


Have you been to the Rocky steps?  I hope to return one day.  Would love to see the Rocky statue.  It had been moved to the Spectrum that days years ago when I was there.  Bummer but there is always tomorrow!  

Which of the two images is your fav?  Would love to hear!

xo

1 comment: