Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bird In A Cage . . .

© cathy bueti

Here's hoping you had a good holiday weekend.  Thank you to all the supportive words on my last post.  I go back to the doctor today to see how the wound is progressing.  I have to say that I do believe I may be experiencing a bit of post traumatic stress from my cancer surgery 10 years ago.  The way I am reacting to this whole arm cyst thing is abnormal given what I have been through already.  I spent most of the weekend in a state of "high anxiety"  as my grandma liked to call it.  

I had not been in photoshop for awhile so the other day I decided to try a photo I had shared on here recently of a seagull and wondered how it would look if I used some of my scribbled artwork for a digital collage.  I layered the scribbles over the bird photo and inverted the image.  I kinda like it.  Maybe because I feel like I am trapped lately.

3 comments:

  1. Post traumatic stress is nothing to joke about, is it?! O_O I've known people dealing wit it. I've been having some anxiety from sleeplessness, and it's nothing like you're dealing with, but still....soooo debilitating sometimes! It's work keeping your mind wrapped around the fact that it's probably just temporary...I hope the doctor's appointment goes well, and it gives you some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm glad to hear you're doing fine. I'm sorry I just found out about your arm cyst (I've been out of the loop for over a month). The important thing is that you caught this in time and you're being diligent about it.
    Painting and working on your art is a great way to take your mind off this affliction.
    This new medium/style seems like a departure from your usual work but as an artist you must expand and experiment.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Cathy,spero che tu possa guarire presto e ti faccio tanti auguri.
    Complimenti per la tua elaborazione,trasmette emozioni!
    Brava!!
    Ciao,un abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete