Friday, September 10, 2010

Late Night Angel Sketching

Thank you for all of your comments on yesterdays post and your advice about what to use for her eyes. That is what I am loving so far about mixed media is that you can try anything!

I got in bed late last nite (I am quite the night owl) and as I closed my eyes I saw her. Another angel. I saw hearts floating down and her heart wings. So what did I do? Of course I had to jump up out of bed and grab my sketchbook and pencil. I didn't want to forget come morning. Here eyes look a bit weird to me but it was late and my room was dimly lit! Just when I think I have found my niche or style so to speak something different comes out of me. I am curious to see where it leads me.

Speaking of sketching I wanted to let you know about a fun weekly sketch challenge Kelly at Kelly Berkey Designs is hosting over on her blog. The challenge is sketching, painting, or drawing the human form and she has posted a photo of herself in a ballet pose just for the occasion! I will be participating and hope some of you do as well. Although I have never sketched the human form I think it will be fun to try! (Read all about the challenge here.)

I am hoping to have some time over the next few days to start painting these angel girls. Excited to get started and share them with all of you!

5 comments:

  1. I love her and the little heart on her cheek! Thanks for linking to my post! I hope we get a few more interested. Go over to my blog when you get a chance and on the right sidebar is a link called "in my studio?" on my, I can't remember. Anyhow, you can link to this person's blog. You link one post every friday about what you are creating or your creative space. I linked the sketch challenge and my studio..bad girl, I know, but I wanted to share both. It looks like a great way to connect to new artist!
    Have fun painting her. I'm working on my sketch.

    I've read a few different thoughts on sketching the human form and it seems that just sketching what you see and doing it over and over is really the best way to get good at it. The hardest part is having someone pose for you and I'm taking care of that part, so this will be fun. Oh, to draw hands, I'm freaking out excited about sketching hands!

    started your book, almost couldn't put it down but had to get back to work. wow! that's all i can say now..wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,
    I love your angel themed paintings. Are you working on a portfolio? Is this a project or are you just experimenting? I also loved your previous sketch of the doggie, is that your pug?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claudia,

    Thanks so much! Right now I am just creating with the hope to someday have a portfolio. The previous sketch of the doggie is my pug Bosco! And thanks for your previous comment about trying to paint him. I am thinking about giving it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! you sound just like me, when I am lying in bed and an idea hits. You did the right thing getting up, because I guarantee you would not remember the next morning, even if you think you will.
    She is lovely!
    xoxo
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy;
    I enjoyed your post today and your Angel sketch is lovely! Thank you for following my blog as well, I look forward to our friendship! I have just ordered your book through Amazon, you are a courageous and inspiring woman. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete