Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Painting The Beach


The water has always brought me solace and comfort. One of my favorite places to go is the beach. Of course being blue eyed and fair skinned I need to find a shady tree to sit under! But what really comforts me is the sound of the waves crashing against the shore.

Most of the traveling I have done in my life has been to tropical places. I have been to Jamaica, Barbados, Hawaii, Cayman Islands, Puerto Rico, and my favorite of all Aruba. My last tropical trip was my honeymoon 7 years ago to PR. Unfortunately I am not a big fan of flying and since my last trip my anxiety has increased. These days I would rather go on a road trip to the beach.

This painting was inspired by my love of the ocean. It was done on 8x10 canvas board with acrylic. Whenever I look at it I am reminded of one of my favorite places . . .

Do you like to travel? Where is your favorite place?

6 comments:

  1. I can hear the waves crashing against the shore just looking at your painting!...I love to travel, but I've only been outside of the U.S. one time..to Canada. My favorite place to travel to so far has been Florida!! There's food, water, great live shows, amusement and theme parks, and air conditioning everywhere!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful and serene cathy!

    i do not like to travel. home is where my heart is, but tropical is nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very peaceful painting Cathy. I would feel very comfortable being there just looking at the ocean. We've never really been out of the country. We've traveled California here and there and Tijuana years back, but we want to one day. We have a fear of flying, both of us. I like to be grounded.:) Cathy I appreciate your painting because it has relaxed me and now I can go clean kitchen. I made biscuits earlier. Today is husbands day off and he is finishing the sheet rocking on the studio and he felt like biscuits. Take care and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... You know what I am going to say...
    The South of France! :) I hate flying too! :(
    xox -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so peaceful!!

    we like to go to our family cabin
    on the north shore of lake superior in mn...
    the whole soothing water thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. High tide or low tide, doesn't matter...very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete