Saturday, September 18, 2010

Newport Horse Farm

I have already shared my love of Newport, Rhode Island in previous posts. It is a favorite place my hubby and I like to visit. Most of our trips are in the fall when the tourist season has quieted down. Living here in NY it is less than a 3 hour drive.

I took these pictures last year at a local horse farm in Newport. We drove by and couldn't resist stopping along the side of the road. It was too beautiful to pass up.

This old farmhouse was breathtaking . . .

I was excited to get a close up of these horses!

They wandered right up to the fence to say hello!

I originally took these photos in color but digitally altered them in a sepia tone. I just love the antique look it gives.

Always have your camera with you . . . you never know what will inspire you as you travel along the road of life!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend full of creativity and inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Cathy they are beautiful. The sepia tone does indeed give it beauty. Maybe some day you may be able to move out to Newport. It sounds like your heart is longing to be there. Gotta live the life with gusto even though sometimes it's hard to do, we do what we must. Make more frequent trips, maybe you'll run across something. Take care and have a great weekend. Beautiful horses and ranch. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right about the camera thing. And now that I'm blogging I find that I want to talk about everything in my blog posts...with a picture to tell the story! :-) I hate to have something happen and not be able to tell the stories with pictures! Is this a good thing or a bad thing though?!!^_^ At any rate, I'm glad you had your camera with you!! And that you knew how to alter it with the sepia. Tells a nice story that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like such a lovely place! Love the photos and the editing you did on them is super! When I got my new camera a few months ago the first thing I bought was a much larger purse to carry around the camera and camera bag...you just never know when a photo opportunity may happen. Enjoy the rest of your weekend Cathy!
    Hugs,
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. these photos are breathtaking. i just want to roam through that old farmhouse and take it all in. i look at it and wonder...

    who lives there?
    is it a big family?
    what memories do those old walls hold?

    love the sepia tone to the pictures too....i did that on the one i posted to my blog today!!

    happy weekend to you and yours
    xoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos should be framed and hung--they're beautitul! We we went to Newport a few years ago--and yes, loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to have found your blog. You KNOW photography. Just one look, and wanted to follow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete