Monday, March 14, 2011

WIP . . . Urban Landscape

I have been itching to do another landscape since I finished the one for my friend. So I started this canvas last weekend. This is just the under painting where I am trying to sketch out some perspective. I wasn't even going to share it at this early stage but figured what the heck! I haven't done anymore to it I think out of fear! lol I am not sure where to go next. I think I need to just not think and slap some paint on!

This is the photo that I am using for inspiration. I took this photo in NYC a couple of years ago. When I looked at it again I saw it with different eyes. I right away noticed the composition and perspective. I wondered if I could paint it.

I will using a monochrome palette in shades of payne's gray. I don't know who I think I am even considering this image but lets see if I can pull it off!

5 comments:

  1. Oooooo! Great! I'm coming along for the ride! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. go for it! you are doing great. i feel the same way, who am i? then i think, i'm the artist who is going to paint this!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely the start of something WONDERFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it, and I am looking forward to seeing your progress. Love the beginning of the landscape, should be a fun journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it so far, can't wait to see the next step. And Kelly took the words out of my mouth: You ARE the artist!! Thank you for your comment, too.

    ReplyDelete