It is no secret I have a bit of an addiction to gesso. Recently I have been using gesso to adhere collage to various surfaces. The one I have been loving the most as of late has been cardboard.
I always seem to have pieces of corrugated cardboard lying around. (I find the corrugated kind holds up much better to wet media) The collaged pieces you see in this piece are photos printed on glossy paper that I tore up adhered to the surface with matte medium.
I worked intuitively and quickly on this piece.
My process went a little something like this . . .
* Using a palette knife apply gesso to the cardboard letting some of the board show through if you wish. (I happen to love the look of it peeking through!)
* While the gesso is still wet scrape into it in various areas for texture
* Add some ink, spray with water and let it drip.
* Tear up a photo and collage onto the surface with matte medium.
* Add final details with a Stabilo pencil or paint pen
* Using Stazon ink stamp some inspiring words as a final touch!
Let me know if you try this as I would love to see your work! Just add the link in the comments so we can all check it out!