Friday, October 26, 2012

Metallic Paints, A Heart, And A Woman . . .


I had been wanting to try some metallic paints.  I was browsing in the craft store and picked up a tube of copper paint.  It was Golden's iridecent fine copper.  It was love at first sight.  I really love the rose tones in that shade of copper.  That color was the inspiration for this painting.  

Originally I was going to make this a multilayered painting.  But then I kept looking at it after the first layer and it just felt like it didn't need much more.  I added some silver in both paint and sharpie form for some scribbles.  And splattered some of the silver as well.  I posted the image on facebook and it already has a home!  

It felt good to paint again after a long hiatus so to speak.  

In case  you missed my last post I wanted to share another piece I created this week.  I used a piece of birch wood and payne's gray.  I smeared the paint around on the wood with my hand and a paper towel.  Immediately this image appeared!  I thought it was a bit creepy at first but then I really loved it.  I used a black watercolor crayon to bring out the image and shade a bit.  It looks like a woman.  And I can't help but wonder who she is . . . 


I am sharing today over at Paint Party Friday.  If you haven't yet joined us please come by and check it out!

xo

16 comments:

  1. Ohhh... love the copper paint. What fun to play with it. Your intuitive gray and white painting is beautiful. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love copper paint as well especially over black. wow your second piece is most interesting and wonder where you will go with her. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very magical. Love that swirl of a heart and your mystical lady. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous painting with your new palette, Cathy!
    I heart Golden's iridescent fine copper, too!!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only do I see the woman's face, I see her earring and it reminds me of Girl with a Pearl Earring. And wonderful that your copper love has already found a home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The metallics really suit you but I love the immediacy of the payne's grey piece... amazing textures and movement...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely heart painting! Aren't some colours just so much fun to use? So interesting about the bark/wood...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative art pieces ~ wondering where you will go with the woman in the 2nd piece ~ Strong colors ~ very creative ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! The movement in the heart peice is beautiful and the grey peice is very mystical, I have joined as a follower, I love this about paint party friday, we get t meet new artists and follow their journey as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I love Paynes grey your 2nd one appeals to me - lovely, loose and mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially like the black and white power. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...that's a little spooky...but then...it is Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way the robin's egg blue peeks out from beneath the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SPOOKY AND INTRIQUING…WOW…. A LADY IN THE WOOD.
    LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT, YOU SAW HER AND THEN TRACED AROUND HER FACE?
    iF SO THIS IS REALLY COOL….STUFF OF HALLOWEEN !


    Happy Halloween ~ Annabelle m^._.^m ~^..^~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like the metallic . . . I am going to have to try that too. The lady is amazing like a grandmother type and I like the heart. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love that. I especially love it when an image comes through without trying. Love your use of metallics.

    ReplyDelete