Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fairy Is Painted And On Her Way . . .

"Her Heart Always Leads Her Home"
8x10 mixed media on canvas board
Sold

I was excited to get her on canvas but unsure of the colors I would use. (as usual!) The magenta and yellow just kinda happened although I am not that pleased with how I placed the yellow. I used mostly caran d'ache water soluble crayons for this along with titanium white. Sometimes I forget how rich and creamy the crayons are so I added more yellow than I had wanted to but I think it does give her a nice glow! :)

I had planned on putting her in my etsy shop but she sold when I posted her pic on facebook. She will be on her way to a new home today and will be sharing wall space with my most recent angel painting along with 2 other past pieces. This man's daughters love my work and asked him to buy this one too! How cute is that!

I completed a new sketch for Gritty Jane's class so be on the lookout for that soon!

Have a great day!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment