Sunday, March 18, 2012

She Was Ready . . .

"She was ready to share her love . . ."
5x7 graphite sketch

Another week has zoomed on by. Hope yours was a good one. We are enjoying lovely weather here in southern NY but I am distracted. And sketching sometimes helps.

I have a dermatologist appointment in the morning. I thought I got all of my doctor stuff out of the way over the past 2 months with my oncologist checkup, breast surgeon, and annual mammo which all turned out fine thankfully. However about a week ago a benign cyst I have had on my upper arm for 15 years decided it was time to get angry and cause a ruckus. It is painful, and inflamed. It grew back after having been removed all those years ago. And I am a nervous wreck over it. Mostly because I do not want to have surgery to remove it. UGH!!

So I tried to distract myself with this whimsical sketch that I have had running around in my head for a few days now. I love hearts and I could see this little girl hanging them on a clothesline. I was going to add color but I think I will get her on a canvas with some collage and paint.

I am sharing this girl over at Sunday Sketches. Wishing you a delightful day! I on the other hand will do my best to not continue to stress out over tomorrow! (fat chance! lol)

xo

13 comments:

  1. so sorry you are having this worry, I'm so inspired by you attitude.and your work!
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and send positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I love this sketch! I agree: It would make a great painting. I'm sending you good vibes for tomorrow, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that is lovely. It will look fab worked up into a detailed piece. Can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet sketch, Cathy!! I'll keep you in my mind with your cyst. I have a feeling that all will be well!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sketch...good luck tomorrow...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cathy, this sketch is lovely - evoking such beauty from within. I love your idea here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Airing the laundry and heart will do a world of good.. Wish you well..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sketch, made me smile. Grrr, to your angry cyst!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending healing energy to you ~ Your sketch is so well done and adorable ~thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your creative sketches--can't wait to see what you do with her.
    P.S. Hope all goes well for you--I know just what you're going through--I've had a few nerve-wracking dental procedues in the last couple of months too--the worst is the day before and the WORRYING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this makes me smile.
    So, so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your art makes you feel better and that the pain goes away.This is such a well done and darling sketch,would make anyone smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh cathy, i loooooooooove this!
    big hugs to YOUR heart (+ WHOLE/WELL/STRONG/SHINING body)
    xox

    ReplyDelete