Friday, March 16, 2012

Graffiti Fun!

As you may already know I am a big fan of Alisa Burke. I have taken many of her online classes. Most recently I signed up for her Graffiti Chic class. This is my first piece created for that class. If you haven't taken a class with her I highly recommend it! She is fun to watch. Her classes are affordable and you always have unlimited access to them.

I took pictures as I was working. Here is the first layer. Being messy is not always easy for me. I often have difficulty with abstract layers and just letting go when I create. Well, this time I did not. I actually enjoyed this process and loved the result! I used the blue and red having been inspired by this color palette from my textured heart painting. I used 9x12 hot press watercolor paper. I like the smoothness of it.

Being messy is not always easy for me. I often have difficulty with abstract layers and just letting go when I create. Well, this time I did not. I actually enjoyed this process and loved the result! I used the blue and red having been inspired by this color palette from my textured heart painting. I used 9x12 hot press watercolor paper. I like the smoothness of it.

Once I got that first layer down it was a bit easier for me to start adding some
fun stuff to the next one . . .

And as you can see from the very first image how much I changed things up in the end! I actually want to have this image put on a t-shirt. I think it would look cool!

I have already started my next graffiti piece this time using blue and violet. Hoping to share it with you soon!

I am sharing this today at Paint Party Friday. Click Here to join us!

25 comments:

  1. Look at you, bringing out the "dark" side by exploring graffiti! You really let yourself go and it shows...let your hair down and get dirty -- make a mess. Look at the great outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a marvelous and magical creation ~ love it and love how it allowed to 'let go' and play ~ Excellent! ~ thanks, namaste, Carol ~ Happy Weekend ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific graffiti, love it. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool! I love how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I love your graffiti piece, I'm happy you let go with colours, it's such fun and you produce beautiful pieces. Have a great week-end Cathy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I find it difficult to be messy too, you have done a great job doing it. I love Alisa to, must really do one of her classes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never done a graffiti, insurance is that it is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your graffiti is awesome, I agree: it would be great on a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this painting...great work Cathy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy! Looks so much fun! Your graffiti is fabulous! Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic, a little messy, such fun and such wonderful colors, Cathy. I received my copy of Breastless in the City today and have just started reading your very inspiring story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also want it on my T-shirt!
    I like it, it really looks like true street art!

    Thanks for showing the various passages. The backstage part is just as interesting as the finished product ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This looks really awesome!
    I want to have some graffiti fun of my own!
    This would look really cool on a t-shirt!
    Can't wait to see your blue and violet one next!!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary is right...it would make a great t-shirt! And I think it looks so cool to make! Nice to meet you and see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cool, and it does look like fun!!! New follower here (via PPF)--I really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok I am really enjoying this- I seem to be finding all these really wonderful links via PPF of art that just resonates with me- Thank-you I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cool graffiti painting! Happy PPF! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. You make graffiti look stunning and beautiful! :) Love the splashes of red.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a terrific piece. Yes I think it would look great on a t-shirt! Did you use acrylic paint or watercolor? I'm headed over to Alisa's site to have a peek now. :-) Happy ppf late!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice work, it's gritty, but it has a sense of fun too. I'm like you, and find it really hard to get messy. I might need to take this class.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the colours in this!! It looks fun to create and would be fun to wear! ...let us know if you print t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cool! I love the way it turned out. I enjoy following Alisa Burke on her blog. I hope to take one of her classes some day. They look like a lot of fun. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I love this piece. I love Alisa's style too, so I bet her classes are amazing. I am really looking forward to seeing another one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous! I really love the energy of your piece! I have to get myself 'set up' to get messy and when I do, I paint LOTS of paper and fabric all at once. Once I begin, it's pure heaven!

    ReplyDelete