Friday, March 9, 2012

Digital Collaging . . . Love And NYC


I knew it wouldn't take me long to get back into photoshop. Early this morning I created this digital collage. At first I really didn't like it. But then I tried to invert the image to its negative. Well, that is when I fell in love (no pun intended!) :)

I started out wanting to use my latest mixed media painting. I had so much fun creating this painting with layers of collage, paint, stamping, and molding paste for the heart! I really love the contrast between the red and blue!


And I felt like it would be cool to layer it with this image I shot in NYC and altered in snapseed. Its a grungy view at the corner of 42nd and Park Ave.

Feeling as though it was just missing something I layered this azalea up in the top right corner. And it just seemed to fit.

Each time I get away from my other art and head for photoshop I always get scared. Its weird how I feel that way. Its as if I will never return to the other mediums. And yet somehow I always find my way back!

I am sharing this image today over at Paint Party Friday. I just couldn't miss the First Anniversary party!! It is sure to be a fun one! Thank you Kristin and Eva for hosting this amazing party each week!

xo

14 comments:

  1. Your digital collages are wonderful, Cathy!! This one as well... I think it's great that you embrace it all - traditional and digital!! :-) Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digital collage are very creative ~ Love them! ~ thanks, namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) ~ Happy Weekend ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool how you played around with different media to get such a wonderful digital collage!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful digital collage and I love the red against the blue as well.. such a great finished product and thanks for sharing it with us all..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Cathy...great fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat how you used all these together - really love the heart painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combiniation of images! Striking!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice work! your blog header is very cool also! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is brilliant work, I love it! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy,
    Luv your digital collage and the way all the elementsl came together, especially the Azalea.
    I haven't done any DG for some time now and I get the same feeling as you, always afraid to forget the last art medium but in time they all get their turn ; )I also luv the contrasting colors in the heart collage? Beautiful work.
    Annabelle ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy PPF!
    I just love how you have your fingers dipped in all kinds of pots....digital and real, alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful digital collage - I love how you combine your different art forms... They merge beautifully :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. this turned out wickedly!!! freaking awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The digital is tremendous. I like it. . . whoa. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete