Friday, July 27, 2012

Fun With Monoprinting !


I am always excited to try new techniques.  I guess maybe that is part of what feeds my addiction to online workshops!   This week I tried some monoprint techniques in my journal.  And I was inspired to keep the palette simple returning to my favorite colors . . . simply black and white.  For the top image I just used black gesso as the background with white paint.  I added scratches and some stencils.  I really love black and white.  

I tried another one soon after since the first was so much fun and this time I used payne's gray as a background color.  I went with a more pinkish tone which I love with the deep blue.  Then I went more crazy with scribbles, scratches, and drips.  I really love this one.  


 I am sure I will try more again soon!  Sharing these today over at Paint Party Friday.  If you haven't joined yet please come on over!  Kristin and Eva host a fun party each week!  Its a great way to meet other artist's and see some awesome art work!

xo

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful abstract piece. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,
    I love that you are always taking classes and trying new techniques! This freshness is evident in your wonderful breadth of work!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I just love love LOVE your grunge style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool! I haven't done any monoprinting for awhile--you're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun creations and so creatively explored ~ Brave girl! ~~ thanks, namaste, (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. monoprinting is great fun... it always inspires me..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fabulous! I haven't monoprinted in a while-you've inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second one with all the depth and hint of color!! I do love black and white together though!! Well done

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love both of these..especially the 2nd one. i will have to check out paint party friday it sounds like fun..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the black and white. When I was very young and approached photography, I was convinced that reality can only find truthful expression when it's portrayed in black and white. Now my view has become a bit milder, and I believe that colours add to the truthfulness. But I still think that my initial idea was very correct. After all, every single hue depends on the quantity of greys in it, and the different shades of grey depend on the blending of bigger or lesser quantities of black and white, which are non colours since they contain all the colours.

    I really like the second one. I like that shade of purple you added.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both wonderful, I can see why you love black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you explained what you used to get your final project. Interesting and wonderful outcome. I haven't tried the black gesso yet. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are so active and awesome, even with the reduced pallete! Monoprinting (all printmaking) is prob. my fave thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love them - I think I shall try that this week myself.
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these so much. Great energy. Love the stencils and the lines. I am trying to work out how you did them because my monoprints have never turned out this cool!! LOVE these so freaking much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see a person in each of these frantic perhap dancing, perhaps screaming I am not sure! But I feel the motion and excitment each projects. Wow!

    ReplyDelete