Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Sketches


My husband doesn't like when my girl sketches have tears.  He always asks "why is she crying?"  as if it upsets him.  For me it is just what comes out as I am drawing.  I do like to shade alot around the eyes and then sometimes I feel like it is not complete without them.  I have been emotional lately with all that is going on so maybe some of that is coming out.

"just let go"  came to me as I was sketching and for me it is so what I need to do these days.  It seems to be the hardest for me.  I am really struggling with that right now.  

She is different that my typical face but she's cute and I like her.  

Sharing her over at Sunday Sketches.  

8 comments:

  1. This is yet another lovely piece of yours, Cathy. It's beautiful and I think the words "just let go" are very fitting. Thank you for sharing with us again. Happy SS and thank you for your warm words of love and support. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I could do that? Just let go? Seems so scary to me. I love her she is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's WONDERFUL that you are letting your emotions flow through your work- it sure beats bottling it all up as worry, and makes for some beautiful work. I love her too. I love all of your work: it is true, and honest, and it is thought-provoking. Love and peace to you, Cathy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my girls would be tearful too if they had to experience what you have been through Cathy. I hope things go well for you and it is all going to be ok. Big hug and oh yes your art is lovely with tears and all!
    Manonx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i suppose we need to express the words written on our chests.
    way to be in the wide open, dear. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it that you paint what you feel. I did this week too and it helped me get it out of myself and pull me back into 'me'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. expressive, even the hair says let go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it really helps to paint your feelings--it really is a way of letting go of some of the bad ones. She's very expressive--I hope things are well for you.

    ReplyDelete