Friday, April 6, 2012

Graffiti And My Favorite Color Palette

"Grow"
mixed media on 9x12 hot press watercolor paper

The only painting I did this week was this new graffiti inspired piece. I am still feeling the effects of the stomach bug that hit me last week. I just can't seem to shake it. I have no patience for feeling down and out. I don't like to rest even when its needed.

But it did make me feel better to smear some paint around in my favorite colors. I used payne's gray and raw umber with some black and white for this one. I also used a new alphabet stencil and my favorite tree stamp which I have no ruined with white paint! lol I was going to add more to this but after leaving it for a few days I think I am done.

Sharing this over at Paint Party Friday. For those of you celebrating Easter this weekend I wish you a happy holiday! Of course I am wishing everyone a fabulous weekend!
xo

14 comments:

  1. Cathy, i LOVE this!! Especially the colors... i can see why it's your favorite color palette. Just gorgeous. And you added just the right amount of black & white - love the GROW and the little butterflies flying around... just great. Happy PPF & a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this , it could very well be a buildings wall, such a great job you did of this,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific Graffiti. Great colour palette and design. Happy PPF and have a lovely Easter, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sweet Cathy! I'm glad you are painting again - it'll help you feel stronger and get back to your normal energy level!! This is wonderful! I love the color palette and the bold letters!! Happy PPF and feel better!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, this palette combination is perfect. I hope you feel better soon. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, it's urban but feminine! Hope you are feeling better! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painting and rich gray palette!
    I love Paynes gray, too!
    Hope you keep feeling better.
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the graffiti style a lot, and your color palette is very nice. 'hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful I love the colors and words. It's nice to see positive graffiti! Hope you get rid of that bug soon! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love graffiti style work and you have nailed this... I love the limited colour palette... awesome stuff...xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the denimy colours and of course, great word!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great - graffiti - who knew. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm wondering who the imperative "Grow" is addressed to!
    Sometimes, doing what you like - painting in your case - is the best type of rest and, consequently, the best medicine.
    I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like it Cathy. Really nice. I agreee about "positve grafitti." Glad you are feeling better. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete