Friday, April 20, 2012

Abstract Play And A Little Surgery . . .


I have been trying to get back to some art.  It has been hard for me to be creative lately as my mind has been cluttered with an upcoming procedure.  On Monday I will be having a cyst excision on my right upper arm.  I am absolutely terrified.  To some this may seem like nothing but to a cancer survivor something as simple as a cold becomes a huge deal.  When your body is not well in any way shape or form even a little ache or pain can be scary.  According to the doctor this is s simple procedure and it will be done in her office.  I will have stitches for 10 days and limitations with my movement which will be challenging since I am right handed.  Never mind that it will of course be biopsied and despite the fact that the doctor is sure it is nothing my mind cannot help but be freaked out.  

Yesterday I was able to get messy with paint inspired by lessons from Alisa Burke's "Art of Abstraction" online class.  I am really loving it so far.  As you can see I scribbled over most of this piece and I loved it!  It is a good way to get out angst!  I have another one in progress that I will share soon that is in a crimson and payne's gray palette.  

I am sharing this over at Paint Party Friday.  
Click HERE to join us.  

Wishing you a lovely weekend.  I am going to try and keep my mind occupied on something other than cysts and surgery.  Not sure how successful I will be though.  :/

16 comments:

  1. Good luck to you during this upcoming procedure. I hope it all goes smoothly with very little pain, and good results. Art is a wonderful diversion. Your abstract piece is really interesting and energetic. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Art! I'll keep you in my prayers that all goes well. Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your abstract scribbles, they have good energy. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope that all goes well on Monday, meanwhile . . . I'm wishing you a great weekend full of art and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great angst on paper. Hope it does the trick. Good luck with your operation. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation of your feelings ~ Glad you honored and validated them ~ You are a gem and am sending lots of hugs and healing energy ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy,
    I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and sending you hugs.
    I do love your blue and violet abstraction this week.
    Had been wondering about this class, and your art looks marvelous!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just amazing, the color and composition is beautiful.
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy,
    I look forward to seeing your next work, the one that will be inspired by the extreme and nice sense of relief you'll get after your minor operation.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you can play with painting with your left hand yo take your mind off it all while you are recovering... think of the mess you can make... of course you could always use it as en excuse to read a million art books and watch some youtube painting videos... I love it when I get to do that...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the best with your cyst removal!! Sending love and light your way!! I could spot the Alisa Burke influence in this piece...with your own style!! Well done I LOVE IT and Alisa!! Good job, and good luck this week!!

    Sincere Hug
    Giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go with channeling that angst into something positive. I think this piece is great. Those peeks of pink and blue look like a peaceful sky after a storm.

    Good luck with everything. I feel sure you'll get good news.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best wishes to you! <3 really like your abstract, fresh and cool colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like it! Great work. Hope all goes well with your surgery. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really great! You are in my thoughts. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh totally love! Abstract is my thing! Fab work. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are better and on the way to complete recovery. Hugs to you. I just had an internal abscess drained, so, can understand.

    ReplyDelete