Saturday, June 18, 2011

Angel Sketch Painting. . . Finally!

"And Her Heart Opened Wide"
mixed media on 8x10 canvas board
Sold

I completed this sweet angel piece yesterday. I didn't have much time this week for painting so I was happy to get in my studio and do some creating! You my recognize this sketch from a previous post. She was the third angel sketch along with my angel bride and ballerina. This was the last one I had to incorporate into a painting.

I knew I wanted to use pink and grey in the background. Then somehow purple got tossed into the mix. Funny that I didn't like how it came out at first. I was frustrated. But after stepping away for a bit I must have come back to her with fresh eyes and she looked better to me. Have any of you felt that way?

I posted her on facebook last evening and I am happy to say she sold before making it to etsy! The man who I am sending her to also has my angel ballerina painting. This will be the third piece he will have of mine. He has two little girls who really like my work. And that makes my heart happy!

9 comments:

  1. She is beautiful Cathy, and to know that some little girls are seeing this everyday, somehow makes me happy too. I love the cascading heart she is holding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Beautiful!!I'm happy for you Cathy!!
    Have a nice sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel is looking fine! :) Don't get me started about the ugly stage of a painting. :) I just had to step away from a painting that I adored an hour ago then I medled with the face and I prety much hate it right now. :)) Paint just wasn't cooperating with me. I'll give it another go tomorrow cause it's in the middle of the night here and colors look diferent under the light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool - congrats on the sale! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah..She's Beautiful Cathy! And SOLD Already! Congratulations! And Hey..Thanks For The Encouraging Words Regarding My Latest Piece. I'm Telling You True Cathy, I Never Knew I Would Enjoy "Gritty Jane's" Textural Technique As Much As I Do. I'm Doing Things On This Substrait That I Could Never Do On Any Other Surface. I Know I Probably Sound Like A Walking Advertisement For Miss Jane, But I Just Can't Help Myself. :)) Here's Wishing You A Wonderful Weekend Sweet Friend! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your quick sale. She is beautiful. Wonderful weekend to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's gorgeous - and I'm sure will be much appreciated in her new home! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This artwork is very delicate and sweet. Beautiful and enchanting work.

    ReplyDelete