Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New Watercolor And A Winner!! :)

"Love forever"
watercolors, crayon, marker on 5x7 watercolor paper
©cathy bueti

I have not played with my watercolor paints in a while and I had been wanting to try the crayon resist technique.  Of course anything I can scribble on makes me smile too.  lol

I used just two colors here with the white crayon and finished it off with black sharpie.  Watercolor is more difficult for me to control so I cannot imagine ever painting something tight and neat with it!  As long as I can be messy I am good.

Now for the giveway I posted last week. .  . Since only 2 people entered I have decided to give one set of 2 prints to each person!!  So you both win!!

Congrats to Rona and Debbie!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Rona and ME!! ^_^ Thank you Cathy!!...By the way, I love your new one above too...even though I'm not usually attracted to pastel colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Debbie! Thank you Cathy...I just about love all your work LOL! Is there anything you're not brilliant at??

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I love most about watercolors--how random they are--they make great backgrounds and abstract pieces like yours--love how loose this is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish I had entered the giveaway!
    I'd like to have a piece of art made by you! Hmm, I blogged a bit less last week, that's why.
    Well, that teaches me. That means I'll buy one of your paintings one day! I like the ones with the typewritten-style words or sentences in them...
    This is a very nice painting too. I love watercolours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece. If you wanted something tighter and more intense, you might try using less water and letting it sit on the pans for a few minutes to really pick up some color, and maybe a more absorbent paper, depending on what this is on. On the other hand, you're clearly having fun as is :)

    ReplyDelete