Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Texture Tuesday . . . Yesteryear


I used this new image I shot this weekend at the botanical gardens for this weeks texture tuesday challenge. The challenge for this week was to use the image of your choice along with Kim's "Yesteryear" texture.

I like the vintage feel this texture gives the photo. I altered it to sepia first and then added the texture using soft light and multiply blend modes.

Here is the original photo below!

As always if you are interested in joining us just hop over to Kim's blog HERE! And if you want to check out the other great entries for this week's challenge click HERE!

5 comments:

  1. fabulous photo enhancing - love the new image, makes me wonder who has sat there and what they were thinking

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the texture work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I love this pic, especially the sepia alteration. I felt drawn to it. I immediately saw a story or, should I say stories? I see an elderly couple sitting here, watching people pass by until sunset. They get up and go home. I see a young couple breaking up. The girl returns his highschool ring and the guy stays behind toying with it. I see a mother reading a book to her toddler. This bench could be anywhere in the world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done...looks so vintage.
    Not sure why this says Anonymous at the top.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your texture work! This photo reminds me of a shoot I worked on last summer. You've inspired me to go back and work on those photos.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete