Friday, October 19, 2012

Moody Tree . . .


I continue to be staying away from paint.  Not sure why although I did recently purchase a tube of pretty copper paint the other day.  I have an image in my head of a painting that I want to use it for so we will see how long it takes for me to get to it.  Hate when I step away from the canvas.  

Having said that, there is always photography to feed my soul.  I took some pictures at the golf course where Lou works.  He took me out on a cart to some of his favorite spots.  I saw this lovely weeping willow tree and knew I wanted to shoot an image through the branches.  There was a little pond there too. When I got home I started playing with it in snapseed and I fell in love with this grunged up moody image I created.  

I hope you do too!
xo

2 comments:

  1. I see time spent away from one medium as you listening to your muse's needs. I haven't done anything with art in many, many months but I have done a lot of writing, a lot of decorating around the house and I've started doing video and really getting into that and loving what I'm learning. I love that we have talent enough to spread around and feed the different parts of who we are. This is a gorgeous photograph by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. At first glance I thought it was a painting done on plaster.

    ReplyDelete