Sunday, December 11, 2011

Love And Rain . . . Sunday Sketches

"you can see the love even through the rain . . ."
graphite and pitt pen on 5x8 journal page

I stepped away from the watercolors for a bit with this sketch I worked up this afternoon. I traded them for my trusty graphite adding a bit of pitt pen for outlining. I am beginning to not mind my own script so I added it to this sketch. I do like the combo of graphite and pen. I wanted to add color but I think I like it this way for now. You all know how sometimes color scares me! lol

I am sharing this girl today over at Sunday Sketches. Click HERE to stop by Sophia's blog and check out the lovely sketching being shared!
Hope you are all having a great weekend!
xo

12 comments:

  1. I love this because I love rain and your script is very good, keep on with it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, a lot...
    I am like you, do not like seeing my writing on my art, I am trying to learn to accept it. Yours is beautiful I think. But I totally understand, almost like when we hear our own voice over a recorder, to funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this needs much colour - if any... maybe a tiny splash of red... maybe not!

    It's a really lovely piece whatever you decide to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderfully whimsical. and i like it without color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello dear friend. i missed your hearts and fear of color;-)

    hope all is well with you. i'll need to spend a little time on your past blog posts to find out what you've been up to!
    xo,
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, I love this sketch....the words touched me deeply....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this alot, Cathy. LOVE the falling hearts/rain. :) Thank you for joining us again this week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete